Plum Lake Station Executive Home is a 4 bedroom 4 bath 4500SF home on the east end of Plum Lake (incredible sunsets!) available for short term rentals in the summer and/or monthly rentals in the winter. It sports a lovely sand beach and marina with boathouse, a lake side fire pit, charcoal grill, paddle boat, canoes, and row boats for your use. There is a 22′ pontoon available for rent. Fishing is excellent summer or winter (some of the best ice fishing on Plum is right off the shore!).
The upper level of Station has a full walk out lakeside deck complete with a large deck table for dining and chairs. The living room has a Vermont Casting gas stove for ambiance. It is an open space Great Room so there are no walls separating the dining room (with a table that comfortably sits 10), living room, and fully equipped kitchen complete with gas stove, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, dishwasher, large bar seating area and wet bar. There are 3 bedrooms on this level. The master bedroom has a king bed, large walk in closet, bath with shower, and walk out to the deck. The smallest bedroom has a queen bed. The bath is across the hall and has a tub/shower combo. The bedroom on the other side of the living room has a queen bed, a bath with shower and walk out to the deck.
The lower level walk out to the lake is Station’s Party Place! It has a full bar complete with dishwasher, refrigerated “kegger” (keg not included), and ice maker. There is a pool table and ping table for your enjoyment as well as a small library area (okay, may that’s not party stuff) and a rare collection of 60’s & 70’s LP’s for your use. The cozy seating area next to the bar has a gas fireplace with DirecTV – the perfect place to watch the Packers (or the Bears or Vikings or Lions – this just hurts too much, I must stop!). The bathroom on this level has a walk in shower. The bedroom (which many use as the kids’ room) sports 2 log bunk beds with twin and full sized beds and a day bed with a trundle as well as a large walk in closet. This room has it’s own walk out to the lake. This level also houses the laundry room with washer & dryer for your use as well as an iron and ironing board (I know, I’d rather not either – but, well, sometimes its necessary. Sigh…).
Wildlife abounds in these parts. We’ve had a bull moose wander along the waterfront, watched eagles teaching their young to fly, listened to the haunting songs of the loons, chased the blasted geese off the lawn and watched the wolf couple cross the lake (in winter/on ice). And then there’s the deer – beautiful to behold (but awful when they get into the garden)!
We are pet friendly, kid friendly and family friendly! We’ve hosted family reunions, weddings, themed parties, birthday celebrations, snowmobiling gatherings, fishing buddies outings, just for gals weekends and equestrian & corporate retreats. What do want to do?
RATES: We have a complicated seasonal rate system (which I tend to ignore), but basically it amounts to $350/night mid-October through mid-May and $450/night mid-May through mid-October. Tax is 10% (state, local & room). Preference is given to week long guests in the summer months (Friday to Friday). We do charge a fee of $25/pet/night for up to 2 pets with a maximum fee of $75/pet/stay. Pontoon (when no ice) and Ice Fishing Shanty (when there is ice) rental available for $115/day. Discounts offered for prepaid 3-day and week long rental (10% discount for 3 days & 20% discount for week). Turn over day is Friday with check out by 9 and check in 2 and after. Check out the Calendar to see the rates for the dates you want and availability. We do offer occasional specials and would be happy to work with you on your special occasions! We also offer monthly rentals in the winter. Visa, MC, Discover & AMEX accepted as well as checks and even cash!
HERE’S WHERE THE CALENDAR WILL BE WHEN I FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT IN HERE!
Plum Lake Station Rental Home Policies
Our reservation policy is intended to be fair to both our guests and our business! Once we reserve our home for a guest, we remove it from the market refusing all other requests to rent it. If a guest cancels a reservation more than 30 days prior to arrival we will refund the deposit, less a minimum $25.00 service charge. If a guest cancels a reservation in less than the 30 days we will refund the deposit if we can re-rent the home for the full price and dates, less a minimum $25.00 service charge. We do not refund for early departures. Rental rates are subject to a combined tax of 10% (state, county & local).
Most of our reservations come through VRBO, HomeAway & AirBNB and are subject to their reservation policies. When we accept a reservation directly, we require a 50% deposit up front with the balance due upon check in. We cannot guarantee a reservation without a deposit. Pontoon boat, fishing boat motors and ice shanty rentals are subject to these same terms. We accept cash, personal checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Security Deposit Policy:
Although we don’t require any security deposits, we do require that you provide a credit card number for our files which will be destroyed after the home has been cleaned and inspected generally within 24 hours of your departure. Should an issue arise, you will be contacted immediately to discuss the problem and come to a mutual agreement on how best to handle the problem. Your credit card will not be charged randomly without your knowledge ever.
• Three night minimum for most stays and a week (Friday to Friday) in the busy summer months (June, July & August). However, we can accommodate nightly rentals occasionally which would be subject to a $150.00 cleaning fee.
• Check in time is 2 p.m. and check out time is 9 a.m.
• Our home can accommodate a maximum of 12 people including children. We cannot exceed this maximum!
• We allow up to 2 pets. The pet fee is $25/day/pet or a maximum of $75/pet/stay.
Plum Lake Station Visitor Information
Welcome to Plum Lake Station Executive Home on the east end of our lovely Plum Lake! If there is anything we can help you with while you’re here, please call us at 715-542-3742 or 414-312-1630. The owners live on the property and are happy to assist in any way we can! We also have catering options available through our sister company, Milky Way Coffee and Foodery, 715-892-9083. We hope you enjoy your stay!
Below are a few notes regarding this rental home:
• The garbage dumpster is located at the top of the driveway to the Equestrian Center on the east side. Pick up is on Friday mornings. Please keep dumpster lid closed so the wild critters don’t have a free for all!
• Use the blue recycle bags for glass, tin, plastic and aluminum.
• Fish guts should be wrapped in newspaper and placed in a plastic bag prior to putting in the dumpster.
• Please clean up after your pets and keep the lawn free of dog doo for our next guests and for our maintenance crew!
• If your pet likes to visit the neighbors, please keep it on a leash when outside. Of course, don’t let your pet outside by itself!
• Station does have a generator large enough to power most everything in the house, but please be judicious in your electrical use when the generator is running due to a power outage.
• The fire pit is located in the yard between the house and the lake close to the retaining wall.
• Please only use the firewood provided along the retaining wall! The firewood stacked by the cement garage doesn’t belong to us!
• The rowboats are available for your use as are the silver and green canoes and paddleboat.
• Life vests are required for each passenger and are available when you check in.
• There is a 22’ fishing barge pontoon available for rent by the day or by the week.
• This is a NON-SMOKING home. If you choose to smoke outside, please dispose of your cigarette butts in the “butt bins” located at the front and back of the home. Please do not just throw them on the ground!
• We provide 2 charcoal grills for your use, 1 up by the kitchen area and 1 near the fire pit. Please dispose of used charcoal in metal containers provided.
• In order to make everyone’s vacation more enjoyable, we ask that you please respect the neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum after 10 p.m. and before 9 a.m.
• If you use a jet ski, please be respectful of other boaters.
• THERE ARE NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY!
• Check in is at 2 p.m. and check out is at 9 a.m.
• We require a credit card number on file.
• Ping pong paddles and balls as well as pool cues and balls will be issued upon check in should you want them.
• Please leave the keys on the table and the door unlocked when you leave. If you checked out other equipment (life jackets, pool & ping pong table equipment or rental items), please leave these things in the hallway to the garage.
• Please call 911 for emergencies.
• Urgent Care: Marshfield Clinic, 9609 Townline Rd., Minocqua, WI, phone 715-358-1000.
• Address here is 8188 Plum Lake Station Rd., Sayner, WI 54560.
• If you get stuck out on the lake, our Plum Lake Association has an SOS List:
Name Phone (home) Phone (cell) Location on Lake
Scott Harrison, Chair 715-542-2380
Jack Hylton 816-510-4751
Robbie Smart 715-542-2245
Scot and Sara Thompson 715-218-8585
Joe Lakota 715-542-4422
Joe/Karen Happ 815-910-5548
John Richter 715-542-2322
East End us
LAKEFRONT EXECUTIVE HOME RENTAL ON PLUM LAKE